Christ(ology): Reflections In the Wake of the Event
We are gonna spend six weeks looking at six central thinkers and their Christologies. These figures have each developed a unique and influential understanding of the Christ Event. Each week we will read a chapter and then spend 90 minutes together engaging the text. Our goal is to see how each figure is shaped by different philosophical commitments and confessional assumptions. Together we will encounter & hear multiple answers to questions such as:
- Does the historical Jesus matter?
- What are the conditions for the possibility of genuine revelation?
- What did God do in Christ?
- Is Christology sustainable in our pluralistic world?
- Can a Christology rid itself of God?
- How is Jesus’ Cross connected to those of the poor and oppressed?
- What is the Kingdom of God & its significance for theology?
Format of the Course: 90 Minutes
30 Minute Talk
30 Minute Conversation
30 Minute Q & A
9/4, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/9
6 pm PST / 9 pm EST
All Sessions will be video live streamed. Afterward each course member will be able to download the audio/video.
4 September - 10 September
11 September - 17 September
18 September - 24 September
25 September - 1 October
2 October - 8 October
9 October - 15 October